A Frozen Winter Wonderland
As seen by millions of people around the Globe, The Ice Kingdom is a 15,000 sq foot frozen wonderland made entirely out of Ice. Gigantic ice sculptures of buildings, animals, people and places are beautifully recreated by an International team of expert ice carvers.
Over 2 million pounds of ice are used in each ice exhibition and the ice sculptures are internally lit by state of the art LED lighting design. It’s not just transparent ice that is used but every imaginable color is carved into this towering ice attraction that is up to 40 feet high.
Refrigerated to a chilly -5 Centigrade the visitors are given Parka Jackets as they walk through the beautifully created ice experience. The ice sculptures are reproduced with such incredible detail that they have to be seen to be believed.
Production and Facility Overview
• The area needed to house the Ice Kingdom is between 10,000 – 20,000 Sq Ft with a ceiling height of no less than 15 feet.
• The Ice Kingdom can be housed within existing structures, rented temporary structures or custom built air domes. Structures must be insulated to a minimum of R25 insulation.
• The structures are refrigerated to -5 Centigrade (23 Fahrenheit).
• The Ice Kingdom uses up to 2,000,000 lbs of transparent, opaque and colored ice created in our portable ice factory.
• It takes approximately 40 artisans 28 days to create each exhibit
This year ICE! was produced by Gaylord Resorts at their 4 locations in Nashville TN, Washington D.C., Dallas TX. and Orlando FL. and was created in partnership with Hotopp and Associates and ISA.
The production ran for 45 days in each resort and was seen by more than one million visitors.